History Connected through history. It‘s thanks to the married couple Ursula and Hans R. Grieshaber that the building “Haus zum Einhorn” (House of the unicorn) has kept its beauty and sublimity. Being tenant of these wonderful rooms and sharing the magic of this building with our clients is a privilege. The oldest references mentioning a building in Fronwagplatz 8 in Schaffhausen go back to the year 1379. From 1411 on, the building “Haus zum Einhorn” was the residence of the former mayor, Hans Lingki. In the following years, the house changed hands several times. From 1755 on, the building served as a pharmacy. Several pharmacies took their name from the mythical unicorn with its allegedly curative powers. This could also be the origin of the “Haus zum Einhorn”. The married couple Hans and Ursula Grieshaber-Mäder acquired the real estate with its baroque features such as bay windows, panelling, stucco ceilings, tiled stoves and parquet floors on the 29th of June 2000. Then, they run an established shop of the cutlers‘ family Grieshaber located in the rear building “Zum Kranich” (Vordergass 84). The new owners had the run-down building restored in an exemplary way and find new uses for it. They did not only make a worthy contribution to embellish the old town of Schaffhausen but they also created the best possible conditions for a successful continuation of the long and significant history of their splendid restored building.


House Einhorn



forClients Partner AG


AGB´s         Impressum

Fronwagplatz 8

052 620 00 41

8201 Schaffhausen






© Copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved.